Thursday, August 7, 2008

Memorabilia

So, when Chris and I found out we were going to be moving around for the next five years, he had this wonderful idea of how we should get something that shows everywhere we have been. So, we decided to get a key chain from every state we go through. We haven't been too many places yet, but I am sure once we move around the next five years we will hit some good spots. Before the move, we both had only ever been to Utah, Nevada, California, and Idaho...and I guess you could count a corner of Arizona, but we didn't ever stop there so we don't count that. Now, we have added Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas. We are about 30 seconds from the Arkansas border and only about 15 minutes from Louisiana so we plan to get some more states in within this next year. So, since we live in Texas and are so close to Arkansas, we haven't picked up those key chains yet...we have been slacking. And can you believe that we never thought of getting a Utah one until after we left? Oh well, we will just have to pick one up when we are back home for Christmas. By the way, there is a Washington DC key chain that is in our pile because that is where Chris had his interview for the job, but I haven't been there. I just tell him he has to take me there some day. The Oklahoma key chain is by far the coolest. Angela would probably say, "for sure, that is where I was grew up." Come on, am I right Ang? :) Wyoming is definitely my least favorite...I think we will try to get another one. The horse with the rider is kind of cool, but I am not a fan of the acrylic key chains. They just remind me of when I was in junior high and tried to have the most loud obnoxious key chains out of everyone. Oh the good old days. Well, I hope you enjoy our little collection.

No comments: